Training Workshops for Industry Professionals
Sustainable Travel International offers experiential training programs designed to educate participants in key areas of sustainable tourism, while building local capacity with a focus on the Sustainable Tourism Education Program (STEP).
Training programs include:
STEP Industry Training Workshops
Sustainable Travel International works with destinations and associations interested in hosting Industry Training Workshops for local constituents. The program can be modified to meet the needs of the host organization or local businesses. The training itself is designed for green team leaders, hotel managers, tour operators, and other industry providers. Participants gain a sophisticated understanding of sustainability policies and management frameworks, and prepare for all levels of STEP eco-certification.
The STEP Industry Training Workshop is an interactive 2-day course, and includes engaging discussion topics which provide an introduction into “the triple bottom line” in the travel industry. Participants learn how to plot a sustainability roadmap, draft policies and reports, conduct impact assessments, and prepare their business for certification. Attendees will also examine industry best practices, no- & low-cost sustainability solutions, and case studies.
Program participants will depart with:
- A sophisticated understanding of an incremental and systematic approach to sustainability
- Clear directives to apply for STEP certification
- Fast-track eligibility for STEP certification
STEP Assessor and Consultant Training
Earn a STEP Accredited Assessor or Consultant Certificate through our six-day training, which includes three days of interactive learning and three days of on-site assessment training. This experiential training program is ideal for tourism and hospitality professionals, professional and aspiring auditors, sustainability consultants, environmental managers and planners, tourism professionals, and graduate students starting out in the industry.
- Understand and effectively communicate the business value of sustainability
- Be fluent in the navigation and implementation of the STEP Sustainability Management Framework: a cutting-edge online tool for assessment, benchmarking, reporting, and certification.
- Understand STEP certification as an applicant, as a consultant, and as an assessor
- Complete a STEP self-assessment, desk assessment, and three-day on-site assessment
- Create Assessment Reports and a STEP Road Map for your business partners
- Understand how to develop and grow a local network utilizing the STEP:Green Communities model
- Understand and communicate Sustainable Travel International’s suite of programs designed for businesses and destinations
- Gain an internationally recognized Consultant and Assessor accreditation
Check back here for upcoming training dates and locations!
Interested in hosting an Industry Workshop or participating in our annual Assessor Training?
Contact us for details on the program and pricing.
Call or email Sustainable Travel International to schedule a consultation: